PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yarrawonga, Doesn't Want Visitors
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2014, 08:42
kaz3g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm intrigued at the comments re "Green Overalls". I know who he is as I have flown into Yarrawonga once & I must say I found he & his wife to be very helpful.
We received a free cup of coffee each & I bought some cookies to eat. I was going to refuel with AVGAS at the bowser reluctantly but instead was offered MOGAS from him at a price I can assure you he wouldn't have made a cracker out of.
I thought it was wonderful to fly into an airfield with an amenity such as this after so many I fly into in the country areas are like ghost towns & you're lucky if you can find a Coke/Chip machine.
Not sure what I'm missing here...........
I agree wholeheartedly but I'm not intrigued.

What a load of crud there is in some of the derogatory posts I have read here.

The sign was ridiculous. We all agree. But it's intent was to keep out undesirables who might be tempted to help themselves to stuff in someone's parked aircraft or get up to other mischief.

The gentleman who wears the green overalls (a flying suit) is an absolute gentleman and his wife quite lovely. Their hospitality to visitors is wonderful. I stayed a few nights in Yarrawonga a few years ago and parked my Auster in his hangar for $30. He gave me the keys to his car which had full tanks when I took it (and when I returned it again) and would accept nothing for its use. I also had free cups of tea and a comfortable seat in the "shop".

So I keep on going back. Good PR is good business and it would be nice to find it somewhere else on my flying travels.

Kaz