PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 3rd Jul 2014, 05:49
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out, damn'd spot.

Creampuff (for an example) is more often an adversary than an ally, as are some others here at one time or another. Bloggs and Leadsled for example, I can't find a skerick of agreement, different views, but there is not a drop of troll blood in either. Honest, worthy opponents all in a good cause, present two options to ponder and discuss. There have been some 'entertaining' bouts, robust discussions, even areas where it was agreed to disagree. Mutual even if grudging respect had been earned; and, as part of any healthy society, considering the independent nature of pilots, this is a fine thing.

After a while, playing on this board one can discern and even predict an outcome; some are worth waiting for; some are not, but even to retire hors de combat carries some credit. There are some clever, lively, articulate folk haunting these portals, all capable of expressing a point of view; unfortunately, this attracts trolls.

Now your Trolls come in various guises, with different agendas. It's pretty easy to spot them though, you see even a poster who is disagreeing 'fits'; the argument may be diametrically opposed, but the protagonist 'fits'. Trolls do not. Perhaps it's in the sly syntax, maybe it's the devious 'attitude', the deliberate word traps to bait the unwary, the scathing attack, the retiring to more neutral ground to wait a chance: the pattern, the stance if you will. But inevitably, they get sprung, a little patience, a dab of Troll bait and Wallop; you have a troll head for the mantelpiece. Minnie Bannister hates them, but I like to see 'em there and they make great ashtrays.

Lady Macbeth:
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say!—One; two: why, then
'tis time to do't.—Hell is murky.—Fie, my lord, fie, a soldier, and
afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our
pow'r to accompt?—Yet who would have thought the old man to
have had so much blood in him?
Toot toot. Next service? – Oh, tomorrow, sometime after second coffee.