PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2014, 00:36
pilotede320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COPA is a very good airline that will soon be great! I did the interviews a few months ago and was very impressed by the morale of the employees i met. I was very impressed with the interview process. Even the AAC psych test was fine.

I have now been offered five different course dates and have had to pass on all of them. I am no special pilot either...no 737 time, 15,000 hours with air canada but only 5,000 pic, couple three year degrees, have lived in south america, used to speak french, portuguese and spanish...long since unused and forgotten. More significantly...I am 59 years old!!! Why hire me?

I can only say that if you are determined to get on with COPA and persist, you will likely get the nod. They need pink bodies with pilot licenses. Huge growth planned with mucho aircraft on order.

If you are a non-panamanian be aware that training could take up to nine months to get your visa and be released to the line. That's a long time away from home and sharing an apartment with your course mate. (then only seven non consecutive days off per month...so no commuting) Too long for me. I have a pension and content to let the young folks take my course slot. Perhaps when its minus 40 degrees next winter ill regret my decision.

As far as panamanians go...i find them wonderful people...just like people anywhere, some worse, some better, but no different from me or anyone else.