PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2014, 21:44
cuthere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Belfast over Derry??? Will it be BFS or BHD?
Er....Elle seemed to be speculating. As was Amelia. As is everyone else on the Prestwick/Glasgow/Ryanair threads. I don't know if you bothered reading the Glasgow thread GAZMO, but apparently (again, probably speculation) any agreement with FR to use that aiport would include a clause which would prevent them from duplicating EZY or LS routes. That would immediately rule out BFS. How likely is a return to BHD?

This is probably something and nothing. If they're closing PIK (how likely is that?), then they'd probably move the PIK-LDY route which, despite low LFs (hardly surprising on the pick'n'mix timetable), has been maintained by one of the most ruthless airlines in the world!

My personal preference would be for FR to sod off the route completely, along with BHX, and let BE do it 1xdaily. To drag up the RE debacle again, a subject which has been done to death on this forum, is just pointless. I know for a FACT that the claim at the time that there were only 10 reservations on the BHX route was complete bolleaux.

Anyway. There was an RAF Voyager A330-200 at Aldergrove earlier when I had the "pleasure" of transiting through. I'm surprised you didn't "notice" that GAZMO

Whatever happens, good to see BHD/BFS grow again. Hopefully when FR sort out their fleet shortages, LDY will follow suit. I was pleased to see the 2xdaily STN reinstated for Fridays and Sundays in the winter timetable when booking for November.