PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2014, 12:08
Mr Mac

Received 162 Likes on 99 Posts
All
To make things Gin clear the products were purchased in Nairobi duty free after check in and first X-Ray. As I am used to travelling in 3rd world I asked if there were any restrictions at that point with transfer, as I have had this before, and that time did not purchase the aforementioned Gin. This time I was told there was no issue by check in staff. If these are Swissport employees working for BA, in BA uniform, then surley they are an extension of BA and should be aware of issues as they only have 1 flight a day now. Any way I think the Gin / champagne are minor issue compared with other problems that I recounted.

Handsolo
Your comment about the other issues being common on all carriers I would have to disagree with as I have yet to encounter any problems like those mentioned with the carriers I now use. Maybe I have been lucky ?. For an example of customer service I will give you Lufty who when the Icelandic volcano blew up transferred me from Frankfurt where I had arrived from Man, to Munich (no ash cloud there) to make a connection to China in a well driven 4 door Porsche with bags and 3 other passengers. My colleagues who were with the worlds favourite airline did not get there. That,s what I call going the extra mile.

Capetonian
I agree some staff do care but I gave up a long time ago trying to get in touch with BA about issues and just chose not to use them as many of my friends and colleagues do in the North of England. However as Mrs M has not had any issues recently (she only goes for 2 days and has carry on) therefore has not met "Fred" yet.

Regards
Mr Mac