PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK JAA CPL TO UK CAA EASA CPL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2014, 10:28
greekboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK JAA CPL TO UK CAA EASA CPL

Hello everyone,

I just need to clarify a few things as I want to achieve the conversion as time and cost efficiently as possible.

Currently hold a UK issued JAA CPL which needs to be re-issued by 15/09/14. I understand that I will get an EASA Licence after that date. Also have ELP Level 6.

The only valid ratings I have are: SET valid till 18/09/14
IMC valid till 01/09/14

My plan is to renew my MEP/ME-IR and extend my IMC, based on the ME-IR renewal test for another 25 months to get an IR(R). Is it still possible to get the IMC/IR(R) extended this way under EASA? The MEP expired 2 years ago and the ME-IR last August.

I am in the process of obtaining an ATO certificate for the MEP/ME-IR renewal.

The second question is this: Will I receive an EASA licence when I renew the MEP/ME-IR before the CPL expiry date or will I get the usual examiners signature in the ratings page of my JAR licence only and receive the EASA licence once the CPL expiry date has passed.

The latter mentioned scenario gives me time to get an ATO Certificate and renew my almost 3 year out of date SEP rating and revalidate my SET rating too without paying additional fees.

Thirdly, can I get a single ATO certificate for the SEP and MEP/ME-IR or are they separate entities?

Any feedback regarding my three questions would be super.

Thanks
gb