PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY question
Thread: THY question
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2014, 08:46
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Iyi restratlar

I did 27 nights on 3 nights off per month.

I would spend 15-18 nights per month downroute in a hotel i.e IST to Ankara to hotel to Frankfurt to Ankara to hotel to Paris to Ankara to hotel to Jeddah to two days off down route in Ankara or Antalya etc.

I.e you often get days off down route (ie every month often!)

You spend 8-10 nights in your own apartment with shorter multiple sectors and then you will get guaranteed 3 days off to go back to your family.

In the entire year from when I had everything signed off and was online. I spent 3 days a month with my family.

I would fly to UK first thing in the morning arrive home by 17:00hrs see the kids before bed, get the whole next day with the children if it wasn't a school day. Then one whole evening with the wife then next day up at the crack of dawn to get the flight back to operated early the next morning.

Expect comments such as, "It doesn't feel like were married anymore", "its like living as a single parent", " they don't like that/watch that/ eat that anymore!! Its like you don't even know your own children!"

It's basically pretty depressing and if you look through my posts you will get the feeling that I don't really do depressing I am about as happy a pilot as you get out here so what do you think the difference may be!

Agree wholeheartedly with below you go there if you are unemployed, unemployable or escaping previous misdeeds and should consider it the military equivalent to joining the French Foreign Legion!