PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirTanker First Officers
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2014, 21:38
3engnever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OAP,

I don't feel taunted. It is an expensive project, there is no doubt. But tech comes at a cost. I don't always agree with the PFI and there are times I see it not working well at all. The big test for those involved is not really about the aircraft, Voyager will be an incredible step forward (given time and opportunity), the hard work comes for those trying to provide and uphold the 'service'. If that part fails then the PFI fails. It is not equipment based, it is the wider service provision. Much of that rests in the hands of ATrS and not ATr or Airbus DS. It is there that we will see this project either pass of fail. In my own opinion, the key to success is to let the worker bees get on with it and make it work, just like a traditional sqn, rather than letting the commercial depts argue over a contract that could cripple both the companies and the service. Things have moved on since 2007 and those responsible for upholding the contract must understand that.

I know not all will see the benefit, and I am not trying to convince anyone, I am merely trying to state fact.

3EN