PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2014, 18:31
kirungi1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Mac

#119 is another great post but how I wish I could win you back for BA. Your business over the years and in the future defines this company. IMHO, management runs the company as a portfolio of customers with the purpose of maximising the value of customer relationship. Therefore it's critical to understand how your experience in the present can serve as an indication of the future behaviour and thus customer feedbacks and surveys. It's from this information and others that BA makes predictions for it's operations in high impact area.

BA's target is to be efficient with it's SH operations to feed the LH routes from LGW & LHR using cost effective means (fleet choice) in line with competition. I will understand why EK will use an A380 up north while BA will use an A380 to say Los Angles - long haul. Would EK operate an A380 from Dubai to Doha? I'm not too sure! It's essential BA ulitlises London effectively just as say EK makes good use of Dubai as hub.
For a company to operate in such a crowded air space and airport (LHR) with high fixed costs and competing with heavily subsidised companies while operating flights worldwide, I think deserves a mark of respect and admiration. It's that spirit of innovation and resiliency, that creativity and toughness that is captioned in that "A Very British Airline". It's also worth to note that British human resource personnel has revitalised aviation worldwide and so has character and attitude. EK and the "Unmentionable airline" have hugely benefited from this right from top management.
That said, I agree and accept with your fine words and correct me where you can as I'm here to learn.

Last edited by kirungi1; 1st Jul 2014 at 18:57.