PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2014, 16:58
Mr Mac

Received 153 Likes on 96 Posts
Kirungi 1
I think I would have to disagree with you on the traditional values, as I believe they have changed, and not for the better. You site BOAC / BEA both of which I flew with, and yes I would like to go back to that era of service, along with the more modern technology which is now available on Airbus and Boeing products. Unfortunately due to the age of some of the BA fleet the tech does not always work, and the service is not what it was IMHO.
As for customer satisfaction I would suggest that some one comes to Manchester after the shuttle has been cancelled again, and if not then go with "Fred the baggage drop man" when he is off on tour dropping missed connection bags all over northern England !. But I would suggest the best place to ask for Feedback would be in the bar on the Manchester EK 380, and ask why these high yield customers are there, and not on BA. It maybe that although the program was called a "Very British Airline" we in the north who used to use them, were left high and dry when they cut and ran from the regions, and have found more than suitable replacement's on long and short haul, be them LOCO or full service. So in the end I would not be tempted to return to fly with them on a regular basis on the back of this program. I think we will have to agree to differ but thank you for your post.

Regards
Mr Mac