PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It is a Rumour network after all....
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2014, 05:18
Near Miss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@swh I am well aware of the 1/3 in a seat and 1/2 in a bunk rules. I enjoyed the 330 long enough to experience the wonderfully comfortable regional business class seat on many a night.

As you know CN and FO need 3 hours each to extend the FDP by 1 hour. On the DME flight the FDP is 11:25 with a flying time of around 9:40. The way some guys would run it: The SO would get the first hour or so (until the meal service is completed). The CN then takes 3 hours. Followed by the FO and his 3 hours. Then the SO can have the rest of the night off.

You alluded to the flight being "leg stretch", but it isn't on the way over. I didn't say you need a bunk, I just said the FO was rostered RQ and that without a bunk you will need to burn out the SO.

So yes the 772 can easily do the flight, but it won't be a fun night for the SO.

I have to agree 100% with Curtain Rod on the whole burning out the SO philosophy. It needs to go. If a crew member is unable to complete the flight, as acting crew, and not positioning, within the limits of the AFTLs, then they should not be doing the flight.