PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOI into the 2012 Tornado Collision over the Moray Firth
Old 30th Jun 2014, 21:26
dervish

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Quote:
If a 3 phase TDP was completed in 1996, why does the convening authority say the CWS issue only began in 1998? Am I correct in saying this is exactly what Hadden-Cave did, saying nothing was wrong before 1998 despite evidence to the contrary?

Simple answer is that neither he nor the SI team reviewed the pre-1998 documentation.

DV

Thanks DV. So, important information withheld from yet another BoI. I think they did a decent job under the circumstances but if the president reads pprune I wonder if he'll ask to be reconvened as it would change a number of his recommendations.

In the past you've often mentioned the TART report. Did they see that?

Worth re-reading recent posts on the Rivet Joint thread which explain the background to a few of the recommendations a lot better than the report does. Its pretty obvious there is no safety case because the report admits important work wasn't carried out. And its pretty obvious the MAA still doesn't understand some basic concepts, confirming the views in the RJ thread.

JTO, -re tolerable and ALARP, I think you're right. Lots of contradictions that need explaining. Any word on a FAI?