PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight envelope protection event involving an Airbus A320
Old 30th Jun 2014, 07:20
GA Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boomerang absolutely agree with your methodology with the set of circumstances you suggest i.e. on descent with tailwinds etc etc. But even that can depend on where in the descent you are.

I was responding more to flexible response's statement about 'especially at high altitude' and seeing the topic of this thread is climbing from 360-380 I strongly disagree that use of speed brakes at that altitude should be the primary method as was posted, thats all.

I guess it will come down to what you see at the time as to the crews reactions, but on the day to day ops I see, usually I don't have that flexibility of a blanket 'speed brake in the cruise' at the weights/altitudes I see.

I obviously have no clue on who operates what type in this thread, but I do know the 320 and particularly 321 is a lot different than the big 330 on this very issue. 330 didn't seem to have any troubles throwing out the anchor. Just some food for thought.

Last edited by GA Driver; 30th Jun 2014 at 07:26. Reason: Sppheeling x2