PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DASH 8 accident in PNG
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2014, 04:48
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Tolakuma manki
The other accidents listed, especially the recent fatalaties at Madang and Kokoda were pilot error, no matter what the excuse for they making the error.
How can you make this the responsibility of the Wild family?
Your lack of understanding about accountability and root cause and contributing causes is concerning. Both accidents in which you refer to as being 'crew error' being the cause, does not absolve a company's CEO or Board of directors from accountability under the corporations act. The causal factors in both of these accidents involves crew ability, training and other factors that lead up to their errors. For some of those errors the company is very accountable, namely its senior people.
As for the Wild family, I'm not singling them out. In fact I didn't even mention their names and I really don't care who owns, part owns, or doesn't own APNG. I'm talking about the company and its accountable people which as I said before includes a Board (not all are part of the Wild family), and the then serving CEO and the current CEO (also not Wild family members).

Even if we remove the MBA accidents you still have Madang and Kokoda with a total of 41 deaths, in 2 high profile accidents in just over a 2 year period and both under the APNG airline name.
By my books that is a shocking record, no matter how one might try to dress it up.

Last edited by Paragraph377; 30th Jun 2014 at 06:35.