PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight envelope protection event involving an Airbus A320
Old 30th Jun 2014, 01:33
Popgun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ex cadet, two years in the back seat of a 744 at least gave me some pretty good exposure to the demonstration of this before I then did F/O training.
And thats one of the main issues with this cadet program. They are in a control seat with virtually zero experience from day 1 in a lightning-paced, 4 sector, 12-hour shift environment that includes complex, high-workload airports. The learning curve is excessively steep and loaded at every stage with threats. The back seat of a 1 sector flight from ILS to ILS would be a much safer learning environment.

The guy in the left seat is finding himself single pilot on many occasions when the flight goes "off script". I think the Australian public deserves better than that...but unfortunately this program is more about industrial agendas than pilot shortages.

I hear this issue (cadet overload) is a regular occurrence and was a causal factor in an incident with a flight departing YBSU recently without any V Speeds in the box...

PG