PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 29th Jun 2014, 22:24
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time, Gentlemen. PLEASE !!

Sunday morning, fat, dumb and happy; established at suitable flight level for a day off and what do I find Monday - toys hurled out the pram, the dog covered in the gods only know what, pizza boxes scattered everywhere and there's something really nasty stuck to the television screen. Now I can see who started it, done it before, with a record number of threads locked after last comments posted. So, before Tidy Bin Billy turns up and puts a padlock on the toy box, lets clean up a bit.

There is always a couple of pages of 'mess' in any long running thread, hair pulling, bitch slapping and sniper attacks. Used to get 'trolls-for-hire' on here of all flavours, distracting and muddying the waters; but, we've seen them off before and kept the discussion alive.

Good landings begin with a good approach, a few bumps on final just don't signify. I just ignore them, being as they are usually of short duration.

At an early point, as when any major conflict seems to be drawing to a close, it may be necessary to declare a form of “ceasefire” to ensure that the processes of reform are not further clouded by hyperactive over-regulation on the part of individuals or groups. We have in fact already heard reports of harassment that seem to suggest the reopening of old and not fully healed wounds, and some recent “initiatives” in the medical and airworthiness areas also appear to be indicative of a scorched earth philosophy. Surely any new regulatory interpretations or enforcement activity should receive close scrutiny for non-compliance with published procedures, due diligence, procedural fairness and the rule of law. Phelan
Now, where was I? – Oh yes, the Shambollic system of medieval medicinal practices and the one part of the NZ regulations, we don't want to import.

Toot toot. (Makes sign to ward off the dreaded "Click").

Last edited by Kharon; 29th Jun 2014 at 22:34. Reason: Steady the Buffs..