PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Engine Ops: Who's Responsibility?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2014, 21:49
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ss:

"AnFi Quote:
the sums don't add up, gazelles just did not have an engine failure rate that justified twins FULL STOP
Lol, sometimes AnFI (really!) your posts are really quite laughable."

Excuse me! Are you actually saying something or just trying to discredit? - the fact of the matter is Gazelle losses through engine failure were negligable - Lynx losses through engine failure have not been - the utility of the gazelle was huge and it's bang per buck for the tax payer was high.

I know of three (UK MIL) Lynx engine related accidents although i know of no (UK MIL) engine failure accidents (not that I'd be surprised if there had been).

Not to mention the extreme downside of performance for 30yrs for lynx caused by carrying spare engines, instead of useful payload.

Substance, not just rudeness. SS!

Huey Racer : "Shall we now pull out all the crashes with the S-92īs, the 332īs, the AW139īs and all the other multi-engine aircraft that went down in the past 2 years, killing everybody on board?" good point , carrying two engines does not seem to have delivered anything like 100,000 times lower loss rate. Irritating when the facts get in the way of a determined ignorant theory.