PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirTanker First Officers
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2014, 21:33
3engnever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, and I think that you will find that Voyager is pretty efficient in both roles. Burns less and carries more than Tristar and VC10, Offloads more gas than Tristar and VC10, has two hoses, therefore more efficient for the receiver formation than Tristar, Greater serviceability than Tristar and credits to the RAF when the service fails to deliver....

Surge fleet crewing....thats the point of the SR crews!

90 Days recall, yes it will be expensive, but that is what you pay for the versatility of the service, better than paying for 14 ac when you only need 9. However, you only pay when you need it. Will they deliver on time? They will be hit very hard finically if not!

Voyager KC2 and 3 will not be used on the civilian register, mainly because they don't have a civilian TC due to the mil equipment.

Will they be painted differently for charter work, probably yes, but to be honest that is a quick job for the turnaround.

And that is only a small part of the risk that the company carry if they fail to deliver.

Is it a perfect solution, probably not, have they delivered everything? No. Is it all their fault? Definitely not. Are we good a requirement definition? No, hence the issues. Will things change over the next 25 years? You can bet your life on it!!

Like I say, let me know what you need to make your case.