PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OWAA Requirements for Filipino Maids
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2014, 13:42
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OWAA Requirements for Filipino Maids

Does anybody understand the OWWA requirements for Filipino workers in Dubai?

Our maid will be heading back for her first 4 week vacation during the summer. We understand that she needs an OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Assoc.) form from the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (www.polodubai.com/) before she departs Dubai for Manila.

As part of the three part process of gaining an OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate)(How to get an OEC - Official Website) it appears that for housemaids you need to provide a copy of the sponsor's passport and a copy of the sponsor's residency visa to your maid to gain the OWWA form.

While I understand that we hand out copies of our identity all over Dubai, it is generally to UAE Government departments or their related entities, and we generally maintain control of the documents. I have never been asked to give my details to a foreign government that I have no specific ties or dealings, and I have generally tried to protect my passport and details.

I'm surely not the first person to come across this, so can anyone suggest what is the best course of action?

Last edited by The Guru; 30th Jun 2014 at 04:16.