PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Written ATP
Thread: FAA Written ATP
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2014, 13:12
pinoyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(after 1 aug) so if you have a atp se you need to take the atp me written BUT if your have an atp multi you dont need to take the atp se written to get atp se?
all i know is the really screwed this UP big time ! 125 questions? how do you get 70% out of that? increase the written 1/3 to 1/4 lowering chance of guessing and make it 75% to pass. i could go on for hours. now a foreign student can get the medical 80 bucks, written 150 and 2000 grand to rent a small twin and 500 for checkride and get an atp mel for under 3 grand. after aug 1 they need 10 -15 grand extra for ctp course ?!its gonna destroy foreign students studying in usa , about half the flight students in usa ! why didnt they just blend the ctp course into the type rating course? why so many atp licenses now? there are part 135 mins why not just 121 mins ? so confusing. and again what about canada to usa atp conversion ? still just a written test after aug 1st? yet you apply for original atp in usa and have to take cpt ? ay ay ay btw the hold tc atp and faa atp single and multi land and sea , so really doesnt affect me but still ....

Last edited by pinoyboy; 11th Jul 2014 at 00:33.