PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Wright brothers just glided in 1903. They flew in 1908.
Old 29th Jun 2014, 13:00
PPRuNe Pop
Cool Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am seeing a case here of if it 'ain't want I (ME) believe' it cannot be right. That is clearly crass. Not even Mr Crouch who has been close enough to the facts, the site, and with the history in written terms before him and, who knows, other factors that the photographs prove to be inconclusive - though others don't

The one above shows that the horizon is not 'level' - it shows that the wings are not level. Both allow for deceptive matters to creep in. Little, but then photographs do lie!

Whatever. This subject is going round in circles with simplex1 almost insisting that his take is spot on. I don't agree and neither does Mr Crouch. It is, therefore, a matter of what the museum thinks of it and I know who my money is on.

It is a matter of corroborated record of what happened so who are we to try and change history.

The matter is over gentlemen. The end was in sight some days ago and that is where it stops. Thanks all the same.