PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Job that actually means something
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2014, 12:02
Greenlights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lingdee, spot on mate !

Think 100% the same. That's why I left the airline for a business...but the business side is hard work too, at least at first. But I know why I get up in the monrning. I may come to fly again but just because I have the choice and I want to, not because i have to...

The question is : do I want to be a real leader or a slave (or employee if you prefer the term).

Many think that being captain is being a leader, but it is simply a magical powder thrown to eyes by the airlines Human ressources to make you feel an important person and satisfied one. But it's false. Nowaydays even as a captain, you're not leader at all, but only a SOP robot.
If things go wrongs, sure you will start to use brain at 200%, but in 0.001% case. and if things go really wrong, anyway, you'll die...so...

Do not come in this industry, with a leadership mentality, or you will get bored really fast.
It's better to come in this industry with a military mentality meaning, you like receiving orders and execute them as a little soldier.

But for those who are already in this industry, however don't leave without planning a real way out. Open a business while you fly, and get out once your business is running enough to live. Personnally I left a bit too early so it was hard work to make my business run.