PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 29th Jun 2014, 01:50
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBBS, Dip Occ Med, Dip Aviation Safety Regulation, B Ed, MD, MBA, PhD
FAFOEM (RACP), FRACMA, FRAeS, FAeMS, FAsMA, FACAsM, AIAMA, SAVMO (ADF)
If the PMO has a PhD, he is permitted to use the title "Doctor". If the PMO is an "Associate Professor", he is permitted to use the title Associate Professor.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone is, as we speak, researching each of the PMO's qualifications in detail: Which institution awarded it? What is that institution's academic credentials and reputation? What were the criteria for the award? What has been published in the PMO's name and do the authorities cited in those publications exist and support the claims made?

The PMO can have no reasonable objection to, and should have no discomfort in, research that confirms his stated qualifications, experience and authored publications are substantive and accurate.

I stress I am not suggesting anything inappropriate or inaccurate in the PMO's stated qualifications, but I cannot help but recollect a person by the name of Marcus Einfeld whose "Who's Who" entry was discovered to contain a number of "Wheeties Box" and non-existent qualifications and experience, after he was convicted of perjury and intending to pervert the course of justice. (Not a good look for a judge.) From an article in The Australian, 20 March 2009:
... As his story unravelled so did his CV. He had unwittingly invited scrutiny and the media took up the challenge. It emerged that he had bought degrees from American "universities", had not been a director of Marks and Spencer and that his judgements adopted others' work without attribution.

The public was reminded that his presidency of the Human Rights Commission came to an end soon after he was challenged for allegedly twice claiming compensation for the same property - an overcoat - lost on an overseas trip.

He had also falsely used the "I wasn't driving excuse" on three previous occasions, blaming friends who were visiting from overseas. It would become known as the Einfeld defence and promoted a change in the law when it was discovered that hundreds of drivers had used it avoid traffic and parking fines. ...