PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 28th Jun 2014, 21:41
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Salad dodger,

"For you guys who spent your lives in the cattle truck, well done! For those who enjoyed it.................it's easy to be satisfied when you set your standards so low!"

It's a shame that you seem to want to blame the people who operated the aircraft for your own experience of it. I doubt that Albert was designed to provide first class travel privileges for those who thought themselves "above the rest", in fact the best freight I experienced was the stuff that came on board via a condec or forklift. Indeed, the cargo bay was designed around the standard US freight container, never a passenger in mind. Perhaps your whinge is better aimed at the "upper echelons" who decided to use Albert to carry the likes of yourself, obviously more used to the luxury of executive travel. I suspect many of us , on the fleet, suffered exactly the situations you describe, but someone had to deliver the mail, and a slab or two of Grolsch at Tabuk, Mid GW1 went down quite well I believe. I very much doubt that anyone involved in operating this aircraft set their sights low, whatever your experience you survived to be able to post your whinge.

Smudge