PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTA Shoreham VS Stapleford or BCFT
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2014, 11:20
OhNoCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of this is generalising a bit but IMO is largely true:

Very few schools apart from the often called "Big 3" (that is, FTE, CTC and CAE) have strong connections with airlines. Yes maybe the CFI is ex-airline and can maybe send a CV in the right direction but this cannot be relied on for employment afterwards. Unless you are (part-)sponsored/tagged by an airline, for planning purposes you should really assume that you will be on your own after training for finding employment. At least this way if the school can give a genuine lead, it's a bonus.

Next, there is the large debate about modular vs integrated. Everyone and their dog has an opinion on this and really it's up to you to read and decide. My general belief is that self sponsored integrated is not worth the large additional cost of modular, and I would say this is especially true with one of the lesser known / airline affiliated schools like FTA.

One school I visited in the same geographical area as the ones that you mentioned was PAT in Bournemouth. I thought they were very friendly, helpful professional and relaxed. The only reason I didn't train there was due to making the decision not to train in the UK.