PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Losses of HK$50 million a month for CX...
Old 28th Jun 2014, 04:24
oriental flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mole a very thought provoking post. I totally agree with everything except the 10% pay rise We need at least 20% just to bring us back to some sort of equilibrium on pay
The pilots are a profit generating portion of the airline, unlike this loss making freight venture, so one has to wonder why CX would continue to throw good money after bad . Is there a political influence at work here ? or is it simply a case of ineptitude .
There is no longer any accountability either in business or politics, it seems that in this day and age there is no shame in being corrupt or dishonest .
So good luck with trying to get any form of accountability over this issue .Even as a shareholder I very much doubt that I could get any form of accounting for this extraordinary loss .
On the other side of the coin, how long do you think any Captain would be allowed to add 5 tonnes of unnecessary fuel to every flight he did .
I can guarantee that within a very short space of time he/she would be called in to account for his actions

So yes we in FLT OPS are held to account but it would seem that perpetrators of loss making ventures be it fuel hedging cargo are never called to account
A sad reflection of today's corporate culture