PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 27th Jun 2014, 23:34
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ExAscoteer,

Like you I remember the "buddies" close in under the wings. A particular trip to Sersink at that time might amuse a few (for future posting) but only Albert, and a professional crew could do it. I do wish you luck with boosting Mrs ExAscoteer into the loft, my experience is rapidly leading me to the thought that I might have to go up there myself Whatever, chickenlover is smack bang in my timeframe as a GE, and may well coincide with your own experiences. I see little or no intrusion from the FJ boys here, so expect they all respect who delivered their mail, parcels etc. Meanwhile, even at this hour, I'm off to try and get Mrs Smudge up in the loft again, I know I have some decent photographs somewhere. A good weekend to all, it may mean nothing to many but we are going for "beer up the bum chicken"(see the "My beautiful Webber thread) on Sunday, using Old Speckled Hen for the schadenfreude of it.

Re the HALO. On the El Centro I did, one of the Hooligans asked me to film his exit. Before we depressurised I positioned myself up in the RH side of the freight door (above the ramp) with a Mk10 Bottle ? Once the door opened (it looked a long way down) I used the troopers video camera to record his jump, and he seemed pleased with the results. Once we closed ramp and door, I clambered down and found that the MK10? was exhausted. At 61 years old I can only reflect on what a plonker I was.

Smudge

Last edited by smujsmith; 28th Jun 2014 at 00:05.