PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Congress Moves to Block Norwegian Longhaul from US Expansion
Old 27th Jun 2014, 21:55
Widebdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LNIDA just because the crew are happy does not make it right? Many of them are new on type and many from Ryanair of course they are happy If you want to talk about pay their fixed salary is fairly modest for long haul wide body operations, especially if they are paying a fair amount of tax. We are not debating their feelings we are debating their contractual setup and our future.

It can not in my view be regarded as normal or acceptable for any airline from one country to fly between a second and third country while being regulated in a completely separate fourth country plus have contracts from a completely different continent.

The unions have every right to ask that such obscure setups be investigated. Also worth keeping in mind it is both the american and the european pilot unions lobbying.

I believe NAS is a good company which doesn't need to get involved in some of these obscure setups. But this is not about NAS or NAI or NHL etc.

Remember blocking NAS is not the agenda. This is actually not so much about NAS as it is about the broader issue. The agenda is to prevent the development of a system where a corporations can shop around globally and then mix and match various jurisdictions for the purposes of regulation, business, labour laws etc etc.

If a Chinese company started up in LGW next week with flying LGW to OSL whilst regulated in Jamaica with crews contracts from middle Africa I have no doubt that in my humble opinion every Pilot in the UK would be marching on the streets.

I personally suspect that NAS will be given approval once they tidy things up a little bit. Most probably one option is to put everything in Ireland including crew contracts. I guess some might regard the whole picking a fight as good publicity by NAS for NAS!!!!