PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thunderbird problem
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2014, 20:57
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Thunderbird problem

Travelling, occasional WiFi access to home ISP Webmail, download to Thunderbird to read Offline at leisure. OK for last week,but now ...... yesterday opened an e-mail from trusted friend with a 'round robin' series of photographs and text, i.e. Internet "funny", and now can't download my e-mails from the server, tho' I can still read the webmail server OK.

I get a message downloading "1 of XX messages", but only the same "funny" appears then nothing else. I've totally removed the "funny" from the server and cleared the Trash and Spam folders, re-booted, switched off, etc. etc. but still this same e-mail - now zapped off into Cyberspace by me - is the only e-mail that will still download, tho; it isn't even on the server !

My virus scanner says no problem, but the local I.T. shop (USA) says I appear to have a virus, with which I would agree, and they need money with menaces and 3 days ownership of my computer - Asus EeePC - to even give an opinion. Cheaper to buy a new machine !

I occasionally get a message that pop3 etc is not possible until I go into settings for Thunderbird and untick 3 options, one of which is to leave a copy on the server, which is a no-no for me, my wife needs her own access at different times so we have to leave a copy on the server, initially at least.

'tis a puzzlement - and annoyance.

Any clues pls?