PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2014, 20:49
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kungfu panda., right with you when you say all of us are quite within our rights to work until we are 65 if we so wish, or if our circumstances dictate the need to work.

But, and it is a big buck. Don't be so bloody egocentric to accept a shat contract as an ex KLM Captain that helps the unscrupulous wannabe long haul companies depress the T's & C's for the next generation.

This last 15-20 years in European aviation has been characterised by a generation of pilots who would accept any old cr@p, because they were "moving on out/moving on up". The problem, as many are now realising, is that by failing to take care of their current T's & C's, they have encouraged the migration of this disease to companies they once aspired to. I would quote Ryanair & NAS as a real time example of this metastasis.

For sure an ex KLM Capt joining NAS doesn't have to worry for him, but how about he gives some thought to his children, or even grandchildren, or at least those amongst their peer group who wish to be pilots.

This "screw you I will top up my retirement/pay for my 3rd & 4th wife" attitude is by no means new, asks anyone employed in an "independent" in the UK how much they have benefited by 55yr old retired "Nigels" parachuting in to add nonchalance to the wage negotiations.