PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilkAir releases 8 expatriate pilots
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2003, 23:34
Thermal Image

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thegypsy:

>>Thermal Image Yes indeed I am sure SIA would like to get rid of the most expensive Pilots ie those on the top scale who are mostly Locals,but there would be an uproar from those usually 'subservent' pilots I think that even the CEO could not ignore.

Hmm, I think the wail of axed locals will be drowned by the sound of adding machines ringing. I'm sure you know by now that money talks in SIA. The folks who crafted the payscales have only themselves to blame for building up such a spread between base and ceiling. Payback time.

Now that these old farts are way more expensive than perhaps mid level expats, it's time for them to take early retirement. The facts of how much they cost the company will be hard to ignore, especially for those who are nothing more than old line captains (with nothing that can be used to beef up their argument that should stay, compared to captains earning less but holding more productive appointments such as instructional posts).

Seems you noticed too that BSK does not have too much fondness for certain old farts who have more than passed their sell-by date.