PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2014, 19:18
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Qantas didnt fail, it was destroyed by people who do not understand Australia or airlines.

What they have done and are doing is a little like running McDonalds, seeing Pizza sales increasing and immediately deciding to ditch Big Macs for Pepperoni and Cheese family sized Pizza's. A brilliant strategy except McDonalds expertise is in burgers, not pizza's. All the restaurants and staff are set up and trained for making burgers and no one in the entire world associates McDonalds with Pizza.**

You spend nigh on 100 years selling and creating one thing in the marketplace and then deliberately throw it away and you immediately lose any edge you have in the marketplace. What reason do people now have to 'buy Qantas'? After 25+ years of working there, even I struggle to find one now!

I humbly suggest I'm not the one with 'Flat Earth' syndrome - I don't get paid enough for that. There are (again IMHO) parked aircraft and monuments around the world to that thinking, a spectacular example located at 203 Coward St, Mascot.

** Except McDonalds (or anyone aside from Elaine and Clifford I hope) wouldn't be stupid enough to not only make bad Pizza's, but offer their customers discount vouchers to encourage them to buy from Pizza Hut!

Last edited by V-Jet; 27th Jun 2014 at 19:33.