PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free breakfast on Sat 28th June for serving or retired members.
Old 27th Jun 2014, 06:52
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The issue I have of lauding and feting anyone over anyone else, is that eventually, there is a swing the other way. Fire fighters and nurses do a grand job too, but they seem to get very little. The zeitgeist is as it is at the moment, and although I hope the 'nice' corporate and national sentiment is expressed in a way that is more naturally British and not "YouTube British" we should also remember that the British public is fickle and capricious. If you drink from that fountain instead of digging your own well, you go thirsty when the fountain breaks.

If you're happy to get sucked into its data capture operation, fine.. but insidiously, we're transforming the process how the nation appreciates the value of a military force which sacrifices much and which therefore deserves much - into something commercial and transient that can be bought off with a burger. Widows and widowers still get shafted over pensions, 24% of homeless people once served and the NHS continues to let down those who suffered from PTSD. Nothing goes out of fashion quicker than fashion. When the charity money dries up, when the banker fund has gone.. then what?

Taking my martinet hat off for a moment, I hope everyone enjoys their breakfast - better than the mess these days? Me, I'd create an e-mail account for spam, use that and enjoy those monosodium glutamate enriched bangers!

Income to army charities falls after ?admirable performance? during recession | UK Fundraising