PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight envelope protection event involving an Airbus A320
Old 26th Jun 2014, 14:31
Capn Bloggs

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
Fascinating stuff.

I'm disappointed at the rabid condemnation that regularly occurs on Proone when one of these incidents occurs. I had a look a couple of days ago on the ATSB website and there are quite a number of incidents; good targets for sledgers but equally good learning material for those of us trying to better ourselves. So pull ya heads in and learn.

This incident provides a reminder of flight crew of highly automated aircraft, to understand the implication of the intended and actual level of automation applied.
And also a reminder that accurate handflying is still a critical skill and may be required at any instant.

What are the
He observed the TOGA LOCK display on the engine warning flight director
immediately scanned the primary flight director (PFD)

Nowhere near enough detail in the report about the FCOM procedures for overspeed nor when it was changed. As per bluesky, maybe it's a French thing that a procedure you may have to do instantly from memory is not a Memory item. I know it's cool to have only a few memory items but...

Would also have been nice to have the trace of the N1 for those of us who don't understand what the Climb Detent does at various times, and AP status trace.

I don't understand why the aeroplane didn't level at FL380 the first time with the AP still engaged?

Want more reading on High Altitude Overspeeds? There's a 7-page thread on it in Tech Log:

http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/53879...overspeed.html

Originally Posted by Jabba
Another PPR
I'll bite! What's a PPR (other than Prior Permission required)?