PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - After the PPL
Thread: After the PPL
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2014, 13:47
P.Pilcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well what I did was to start by taking some friends on jollies. As my confidence grew the cross countries grew longer then I learned how to fly foreign by going on a trip with an experienced pilot. I got my IMC then night rating and continued but decided that flying was getting a bit boring. You take off, climb to altitude point the machine in the correct direction, descend and land. What, I asked myself do you do to maintain the other skills you expensively learned? I converted on to several other types and with an experienced pilot with me learned how to fly "on top". Eventually, I had experience of flying a C152 in Canada and 150 hours in command. This was all you needed to qualify to do an AFIC course, so I did one and spent many years instructing at the local club. Then, ten years later it was more curiosity than anything else which persuaded me to attempt to get a CPL which I managed, then I plugged the I.R expensively on to it. Part time jobs than full time ones followed. I managed to complete my ATPL and finally retired as an airline captain.
I can now reminiss of numerous flying experiences which, to me, are unforgettable and if you can get as much fun out of your licence and what it should lead you to do... well that is what the hobby is all about!

P.P.