PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 200 hr TT instructors, A waste of space?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2003, 19:06
8 8th's Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is rather ironic that a large portion of pilots starting out are often getting taught by some of the least experienced people in the industry. I feel the problem lies with the job itself. Bust your b@lls day in day out,weekend,public holidays and struggle to make ends meat. THERE IS NO INCENTIVE FOR PEOPLE TO PURSUE INSTRUCTING AS A CAREER!!!!!!! This is NOT and exuse for instructors to offer sub standard service to their students. But perhaps because nobody see's a future in instructing it is entered into with a negative mind set. I'll only do this until I can get a better job.

Is the answer to throw money at the problem? It's a start. Fair days pay for a fair day's work. Loyalty and respect are earnt. Pay the award,offer some sort of financial security to instructors.

Not everyone wants to fly a 747,but none of want to get paid peanuts. I was a 200tt instructor, yes I was green, yes I had heaps to learn. 1000 hrs later I am still learning. If a CFI is keen to help a new insructor to develop. Gives them an environment that is conducive to learning. Sends a senior insructor with his student every now and then to ensure correct teaching techniques are being used, I don't see a problem.I have flown with a few GRADE1 and 2's that are well Hmmm as well.

Maybe chief pilots should wake up to the fact that you only get what you pay for. Everyone deserves ago. Why would you pursue a career as an instructor (8-10 grand) after having to get a break as a scenic/charter etc to gain min Hrs?

Anyway I need to go and have a cold shower now!!!!!!!!!

88B