PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 350 not off the table yet
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2014, 21:47
FLEX/MCT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glofish, there's no need to be quite so condescending! I have no problem with people analysing flight plans, yields etc to try and prove their equipment is best/better looking/more profitable but at the end of the day we do not have the complete picture. Only those at the top have that and they aren't sharing. I know someone in flight ops that spent months crunching the numbers for the 380 to go to LAX, they claim that it makes the company more money any way they looked at it so now the 380 goes to LAX - it really was that simple. I reckon they have probably run similar analysis for all the routes the dugong has/will fly.

Now with regards to future increases in fuel costs then there will probably be a case for a 380neo in the next decade if Airbus are willing to stump up the cash especially with the next gen of 350/777x on the way - we will all have to wait and see how that pans out...

At the end of the day yes we do all get payed to fly and not worry about these things - does it affect our bottom line? Not really! Our lords and masters will pay us based on how much they need us to sign up or stay!

If you really want to improve the operation how about dealing with the horrendous inefficiency, the ridiculous amounts of extra fuel loaded for flimsy reasons, the useless bunch of numpties that are dnata, waiting for pax/cargo on Charlie stands, the endless waiting for VVIPs to finish their duty free shopping etc...That affects all of us - even those if us in the most profitable fleet! (330 that is - just think of all those Indians we feed the network with! And our aeroplanes are payed for!) If you can solve any of these problems then you can have a resounding two thumbs up from me!