PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers with metal in their bodies.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2014, 10:00
kimwestt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile ferris or non-ferris!!

With a recent total hip replacement, and doing SY - Dubai-Istanbul-Bodrum, and return, there were no problems. Sure, the scanner went off, but as soon as I indicated my hip, a quick pass over with the hand held, accompanied by a smile, and I was on my way.
Going through security leaving bodrum (Turkey) a security bloke came up to my wife, and with quite a stern voice said " You cannot fly today". The missus went a bit white, and then he started laughing, and said "That's because you don't have wings!!" - all in a thick Turkish accent. He looked at me and said that he wasn't sure - whereupon I pulled my ASIC out of my wallet and said Yes I can - cause I've got wings.
When he understood, and so did his mates, I thought that all the security blokes were going to have heart attacks, they were laughing that hard. Needless to say, we had a very pleasant 3/4 hr wait for the flight, chatting with the security people. Probably wouldn't happen in Oz, more's the pity. And yeah, they were all armed (to the teeth )!!