PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers with metal in their bodies.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2014, 07:41
bosnich71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nose gear ... thanks for your input.
What has really upset my wife over this episode is that she was accused of lying about what was said or not said. I was stood at her side while all this was happening and there was no offer of privacy, card to read etc. and she definitely told both officers on multiple occasions about her knee.
As you said passengers are supposed to stand there and take anything that these so called security experts throw at us on the pain of being refused entry if we object which is why I kept my mouth shut at the time and have in the past despite my wife being singled out for explosives checking on three occasions whilst making only four flights in the past 3 years. I should add that she is a 70 year, white,blonde lady with impeccable manners and dress sense ... if I say so myself.

Roundsounds ....We did declare the implant before going through the scanner. The male officer just flicked his arm and called a female over to deal with it. The female officer was again told, repeatedly,that my wife had metal in her knee but as well as a hand held scanner being used to verify that that was indeed where the metal was she proceeded to do not a "pat down" but the sort of thing one might see on an American police programme. If this is the norm. then I'm afraid it needs to be changed.