PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 350 not off the table yet
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2014, 06:01
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@FLEX

It's not a crusade, it's an attempt of logic.

Why whould EKs big fleet and pax numbers grow that much, and the total company yield decline at almost the same reverse rate? Certainly not due to increasing cost of personnel!!

It mainly happens when strategies are not adapted to economical circumstances. This can happen both ways, too little or too much growth. What i think, having observed three outfits from the inside before, is that EK grows way too aggressively.

In my opinion the 380, especially the huge numbers ordered, is one important piece of that expansive strategy, that it is not adapted to the circumstances in the long run. Therefore the shot at it.

All the wisea$$ voices mouthing that it makes no difference what donkey you ride are somewhat true, but if, imho, one donkey is too high maintenance, i reserve the right to not liking it. It finally affects what falls into my wallet and that is important to me!!!

Arguments for the actual strategy are welcome, some have valid ones, but accept opinions against it as well without simply decrying them as "crusade".

My somewhat sarcastic tone might not suit some of the fanclub, just take it with a pinch of salt, but try to grasp the arguments as well.