PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTA Shoreham VS Stapleford or BCFT
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2014, 23:58
dbowler92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard good things about Shoreham to be honest (Not had a visit mind). If you search around the forum, I'm sure you will find plenty of good things said and minimal negative reviews(which is the key thing to look for to be honest. Most people take the time to vent frustrations rather than post positive experiences - just google Royal Mail (or indeed, any other currier service) reviews for example).

The thing with this integrated course - its about £10k more expensive than doing it modular at the same school... So why bother? You can do a modular course full time although you will have to do all the leg work (e.g.: manage your own hour building, etc).

Also look in to "structured modular" courses - they offer the same structured approach (so the FTO will do the leg work, you just fork out the cash) as integrated but at the cost of modular.

BCTF, PAT (both Bournemouth) and Aeros (Gloucester) have some links to Flybe and offer modular courses. (BCTF and PAT in particular are well respected from what I've read).

Also google something like "Good UK Modular flight schools" and click on any link that links back to PPRuNe. Have a look through these thread, compile a list of the FTO's that are frequently mentioned and then search for some reviews - it may take an age, but it's worth the time.

With regards to job opportunities. CTC seem to have Easy all sown up these days (for the 200hr pilots anyway) - along with others (Monarch, BA. But these guys are not exactly the primary source of jobs for the guy with the fresh CPL+IR licence). Ryanair apparently take on low hour direct entry pilots, but they stopped all recruitment last year I believe (not sure on the current state and your guess is as good as mine for what they will be doing in 2 years).

Last edited by dbowler92; 25th Jun 2014 at 00:10.