PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2014, 20:56
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These people ( Skippy and Facey ) post the same stuff every single time
Yes, I am interested, twas my local airport. May I ask what it is you do? If not a spotter, ( not slagging 'em off, I am one in my spare time).
There are some big questions, the main ones being how to get costs down and make money with Ryanair, neither of which were answered by the Deputy First Minister. I would be keen to hear your thoughts and business plan to fix what no one has been able to manange since Stagecoach bailed out to Infratil.

Try and address FLB's point instead of name calling please.
Airlines who fly to PIK do not stick around, WW, GSM, RE and W6 have all chosen GLA after trying PIK. IT charters were forced out when FR moved into sun routes. Hence Ryanair is all PIK is likely to get and they cannot make money out of that. So how do you, as an interested party, change that?

Or do you support a permanent government subsidy so that Ryanair can stay in PIK and save jobs, even though that is likely to be challenged in court?
With regards to Airports and Cities . Is it such a big deal that it takes 40 minutes to get into Glasgow City Centre if in fact they are going to Glasgow , Considering Scotland has a few great places to visit.? Do you expect to fly to London and expect to step out plane and through the gates of buckingham palace in under 5 minutes ? I dont think so ..........
If you are right, and it's no big deal, why did flyglobespan leave? Why did Wizz Air leave after years at PIK? Why did BMI Baby return to GLA?
Because too many people prefer to fly from Glasgow Airport over PIK as it has a larger catchment area. What's your plan to address this?