PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All those that flew for Discover (f)lying on the Penguin runs
Old 24th Jun 2014, 19:45
DanS333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CharlieLimaX-Ray, Sounds like it would have been a big undertaking, 87,88 was when the RAF and RN were disposing of their Devons.
2 Ex Royal Navy Sea Devons and 1 RAF C.2 Devon did come out, they were VH-DHI, DVE & EOB.
DHI happily is still flying,DVE is at Bankstown aviation museum in a really bad state after sitting sans GQ at Warnervale for many years and subsequently vandalised.
RAF Devon EOB was assembled at Mackay but never made it in to Australian skies, Sat there from 92 till 2012 when it was disassembled and trucked off to parts unknown(if you can help me out on this I would be very appreciative)

WM2,
It was in surprisingly good shape considering all those years at walan.
Also this was sitting behind it, Right wing and badly repaired stab off DHD

This is my oldman in the right seat of DHD, he needed a shoe horn to fit his 6.4 frame in and he had to fold the rudder peddles up to be half comfy.
Once he was in, he was in for the whole flight as there was no chance of him getting out without full down elevator!

Last edited by DanS333; 24th Jun 2014 at 20:01. Reason: My spelling and grammar at 530am are not great.