PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA China Southern!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2014, 16:56
CruzFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my 2 cents guys. Take it for what it is worth.

If you are thinking of coming here bear in mind this: If priority is money
then this may not be a bad option. You will need to spend roughly $2000 of
your salary in expenses such a a place to stay, food etc. Now $16,000 is
still a good salary but 45 days on the road and 15 days off is a lot of time
away (You travel home on your days off and it's up to the Captain and the Purser if they give you business. Economy class is likely).
The training is long and you will spend probably 6-7 months on training pay, which is $12000 USD. The training is very frustrating with many changes
and many times you will actually just sit in the jumpeat watching for various reasons as the weather is too bad (CAVOK???). This means you will not always get landings even when scheduled for training. Expect to come here and the bases not to open for quite awhile if at all especially on the 787. It is really numbers and I have heard now that 6 is the minimum for a base. The agencies seem to "promise bases" but there are no guarantees for this at ALL. There are also a realistic chance that the equipment flying to your base could change. Depending on guys choices, I would expect Auckland or Vancouver to be first (Unless they put the 777 on it). CSA seems determined to get Auckland up first mind you. Also we are second (or third) class citizens here. They treat you well enough to your face but this is really only a facade. They really don't want us here (and I don't blame them) but they need us. Once online don't expect to fly much either, in some cases you will be regarded as beneath the F/O. The rules on who can take off and land are complicated at best so you will probably keep mostly current through your sims. The contract you sign also means nothing. The only contract that carries any weight is the companies contract. Meaning the one you sign with the agencies isn't necessarily what CSA has. They will also change it at any moments notice.
My conclusion is I cannot in good conscience advise anyone to come here unless you are really needing a job badly or just want a type. If you are considering leaving a good job...don't.

Hope that helps any guys on the fence.