PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Pilot Helicopter types...
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2014, 12:18
hueyracer

Read Cap804, Section 4, Part F, Subpart 2, page 1 and following:

FCL.510.H ATPL(H) – Prerequisites, experience and crediting
Applicants for an ATPL(H) shall:
(a)hold a CPL(H) and a multi-pilot helicopter type rating and have received instruction in MCC;
(b) have completed as a pilot of helicopters a minimum of 1000 hours of flight time including at least:
(1) 350 hours in multi-pilot helicopters;
(2) (i)
250 hours as PIC; or
(ii) 100 hours as PIC and 150 hours as PIC under supervision; or
(iii) 250 hours as PIC under supervision in multi-pilot helicopters. In this
case, the ATPL(H) privileges shall be limited to multi-pilot operations only, until 100 hours as PIC have been completed;
(3) 200 hours of cross-country flight time of which at least 100 hours shall be as PIC or as PIC under supervision;
(4) 30 hours of instrument time of which not more than 10 hours may be instrument ground time; and
(5) 100 hours of night flight as PIC or as co-pilot.
Of the 1000 hours, a maximum of 100 hours may have been completed in an FSTD, of which not more than 25 hours may be completed in an FNPT.
(c) Flight time in aeroplanes shall be credited up to 50% against the flight time requirements of paragraph (b).
(d) The experience required in (b) shall be completed before the skill test for the ATPL(H) is taken.

You did not think they would issue you a license (especially a "higher" one) without a check ride (and without charging you for that)?

I would recommend you go and get approval from your CAA to carry out the ATPL-checkride together with the check ride on your FIRST MPH-Type…

Then go and find a company where you can do your first MPH rating (preferably in the sim, as it will be much cheaper)…
This way you will get your ATPL….
I cannot see any other way..
Regarding your colleagues-they have been lucky…but two wrongs does not make one right….i am sorry...