PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Pilot Helicopter types...
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2014, 11:55
Flarechecklevel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check Ride??

Huey Racer, I'm now even more confused ... ATPL check ride? I cant find anything in CAP 804 about a check ride. The check ride for ATP, isn't that an American system?

The CAP says that you must have the CPL, relevant hours, the exams, the IR, the MCC course and a MP type on your licence.

I can find no reference to another check ride.. After 17 years of flying, 5000 hours of turbine time, 3000 hours of Multi eng turbine, 1300 MCC hours, 1500 hours night, 300 NVG, over 300 instrument approaches and an IR since 1997, an Engine failure in the hover, undercarriage jammed, a fenestron break up on final approach and having flown on all but 2 of the continents of this planet .... what Check ride is required??

As it reads, once a MP type is on the licence this is then the final requirement for the issue of an ATPL. My point is that the MP operators are requiring ATPL ... which we cannot achieve without a MP type...which we cant get because the MP operators want an ATPL ...which we cant ..........and around we go.

I know of at least 3 people that have transferred their old UK CAA ATPL, having never done an MCC course and having no Multi Crew time ...who are now holders of an EASA ATPL(H). Personally I think hey have pulled a 'blinder' at the Belgrano desk and baffled the clerk into issuing it

The military licence cannot be re-done.

Thanks everyone.

FCL