PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTA Shoreham VS Stapleford or BCFT
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2014, 09:57
ashpure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTA Shoreham VS Stapleford or BCFT

Before someone says this has already been discussed... I believe that it hasn't properly.

I have recently been looking into the "Flight Deck Programme" at FTA based in Shoreham which is an integrated course taking around 12-14 months. Of course this isn't a CTC or a OAA or FTE. I visited them recently and was informed that their class sizes are around 5-10 and they operate diamond DA40 and Diamond DA42s with many with G100 glass cockpits. I quite liked to relaxed environment at the school (certainly more personal than CTC or OAA).

It appears in the previous year a handful of graduates from FTA have progressed onto a job with an airline (with graduates securing jobs at the likes of EasyJet, Ryanair and Monarch).

My question is would people be more inclined to go for the FTA integrated course (which has been running for 3-4 years now) or with perhaps a more established school for a modular course (e.g Stapleford or BCFT)? In addition do people know whether many students leaving Stapleford or BCFT are able to secure jobs with airliners? On the Stapleford website, they do have a list of "recent" graduates but I am not sure of the time frame.

Any helpful responses would be welcomed