PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2014, 04:44
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Skippy on this one

Wind sock your the long playing record, neither Skippy's or my post was negative about PIK, just in our view realistic, just because you believe in the viability of PIK will not make it so....it needs customers, lots of them and the LoCo game has moved on, even Ryanair have come to realise that flying to some strip miles from where people want to go is not the way forward, its all well and good saying you can be in GLA in next to no time, but the bottom line is people want to land where they want to go......its not a difficult concept to grasp.

If Scottish taxpayers are willing to stump up the cash to keep it open, then all well and good, but post the referendum Ms Sturgeon will need to address the cost of this and £10m+ of taxpayers money to provide a facility that already exists without taxpayers money will be very difficult to justify MOD tankers could just as easily land at any number of airports, just think of the number of nurses or teachers that would fund.......

I have used PIK for base circuits, why because its quiet..no dead and i can get a lot of circuits done without the expense of been vectored around commercial traffic, if your just a spotter buy a bus pass to a proper airport with traffic to get your fix, i used to use LBA & EMA but they got too busy, PIK attraction for most is the lack of traffic............