PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Politics - Hamster Wheel
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2014, 04:28
Earl

Civil war on the way

Bobby Jindal: ?I Can Sense Right Now a Rebellion Brewing? - Downtrend
Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal came out swinging against the Obama administration Saturday night.

“I can sense right now a rebellion brewing amongst these United States,” said Jindal at an annual conference held by the Faith and Freedom Coalition. “where people are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington, D.C., to preserve the American Dream for our children and grandchildren.”

While getting to the point of a “hostile takeover” would be a big leap, he’s on the right track. Two-thirds of Americans disapprove of President Obama’s handling of immigration, a crisis that seems to be getting worse by the day. Only 12 percent consider his healthcare law a success. And 54 percent believe he “cannot lead and get the job done.” These are just a few of the many reasons Americans have to be fed up with the status quo.

Jindal also commented that there is a “silent war” on religious liberty.

“I am tired of the left. They say they’re for tolerance, they say they respect diversity. The reality is this: They respect everybody unless you happen to disagree with them,” he said. “The left is trying to silence us and I’m tired of it, I won’t take it anymore.”

Just look at what happened to former Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich and the Benham brothers if you need evidence of that.

And he took a shot at Common Core.

“The federal government has no role, no right and no place dictating standards in our local schools across these 50 states of the United States of America,” he stated.

Meanwhile, the potential 2016 presidential candidate pondered whether Obama is the “most radically, extremely liberal, ideological president” or just “the most incompetent president” of our lifetimes.

“I’ve thought long and hard about it,” he said. “Here’s the only answer I’ve come up with, and I’m going to quote Secretary Clinton: `What difference does it make?”‘