PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New ADS-B Requirement Built on an ASA/CASA Lie
Old 24th Jun 2014, 01:06
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Old Akro - if you follow the link provided it is an Australian supplier - Mendelssohn, who've always been good in the past. AUD $3,795 inc GST is the price.

My existing blind altitude encoder should work find and I'll use the KLN 94 as the GPS source.

In this case, where the Narco AT150 will need to be replaced anyway, the difference in cost between a Mode C and Mode S transponder will be a couple of hundred bucks.

I imagine all new planes will have Mode S transponders for this reason and it won't be easy to buy something only Mode C.

Check out the Trig TT21, it's about $2,800 with built in altitude encoder:

Trig TT21 Class 2 Mode S Transponder
PeterC005, seriously you are living in a fairytale. Your costs are nowhere representative of the true costs to the opeartor and industry. Simply quoting a new transponder cost from your on-line pilot supplies store it not going to come close to the actual total cost for many reasons. Also, not everyone is going to try and install their avionics themselves in their certified aircraft like you once tried to do unsuccessfully in your Victa.

I liken your costs to IT where you say it costs $600 for a computer from Harvey Norman so why did it cost $3,000 per PC to roll out to some government department. Chalk and cheese